The 19th century Norman Style Welsh Chapel was built in 1888 by James Cubitt. The Grade II listed former Presbyterian church is composed of a galleried central space with an umbrella dome, a large basement, and attached manse.
Having stood empty for over 15 years, it was transformed into one of London’s most infamous nightclubs, the Limelight, in 1985. In 2003 the building became a Walkabout pub. After its closure in 2010, the empty building was squatted. The Welsh Chapel is now privately owned.
Stone Nest will restore the building to its former beauty and transform it into a flexible performance space.